Next: STL Overview
Welcome to the Standard Template Library
Online Reference Home Page
Copyright (c) 1994
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
This notice applies to all material accessible from this page except
documents or source code bearing other copyright notices.
- What is STL?
- How does STL differ from other C++ libraries?
- How can users compile programs that use STL?
Please note that this information is primarily for users of the
Rensselaer Computing System (RCS).
- List of main STL include files
- Simple example programs that use STL
- The STL Online Algorithm Reference
by Robert Cook, Jr., David R. Musser, and Kenneth J. Zalewski,
contains hypermedia data sheets describing all of the generic
algorithms of STL, including source code and examples of
use. The examples can be executed directly from the data sheets.
Based on the ANSI/ISO STL document (see below) and the Hewlett Packard
- FTP sites for STL source code and related materials
- Information on STL Container Classes
STL Iterator Categories
- The Standard Template Library,
by Alexander Stepanov and Meng Lee (ANSI/ISO document),
is a formal document, not intended for mass consumption. In
addition to generic algorithm and container class descriptions, it
covers iterators, function objects, and adaptors. All components are
described rigorously, but with few examples or much motivating
discussion. Consult it as the final authority on all STL component
- Additional references
Mon May 13 04:03:40 EDT 1996